The PIEPS iProbe II adds speed and accuracy to avalanche rescue searches by combining PIEPS' avalanche beacon electronics with a standard avalanche probe. In the event of an avalanche, the PIEPS iProbe II takes the guesswork out of searching by incorporating a low-range receiver beacon into the probe tip, allowing for increased strike area with optical and acoustical feedback to help pinpoint burials. The iProbe II features an auto on-off feature that turns the probe on when deployed and turns it off when folded. The 300-cm length provides maximum length for deep North American snowpacks, complex instabilities and improved avalanche education. The iProbe II also functions as a standard probe thanks to its fast-deploying speed-cone design, widened tip for pentrating avalanche debris, and collapsible, packable design.
- Auto-switch ON by deploying; auto-switch OFF by folding
- Probe tip with integrated receiver—locates every avalanche transmitter
- Clear optical and acoustic target indicator that detects active signal from any standard beacon
- Automatically deactivates any PIEPS beacon when the tip of the probe is within 30 cm of the victim (no strike needed); this transmitting signal deactivation will continue until the iProbe II is removed
- Compatible with PIEPS Micro, DSP Pro, DSP Sport, DSP (with software version 5.0 or greater), DSP Tour, and Freeride