Mammut's Barryvox S Beacon has more advanced features that appeal to experienced mountaineers and guides. That's not to say this beacon is too advanced for beginners in the backcountry; on the contrary, it still features the same beginner-friendly interface (single switch, single button, and separate flagging button) that makes the standard Barryvox so easy to learn how to use. In fact, the Barryvox S features a smart search display with a dynamic icon that moves with you down slide paths and assists in proper probe planting to refine your avalanche techniques whether you're practicing or using what you practice for real emergencies.
- Advanced beacon for dedicated backcountry skiers and split boarders
- Triple antenna boasts a massive 70 meter range in digital mode
- Pro search option switches to analog for an even greater range
- Smart search with dynamic icon assists with guidance while searching
- Easy to see display shows distance, direction, and victim number
- Auto switch from search to send after not moving for four minutes