The Float 42 is designed for pros, guides, and those prepared for long days or overnights. Creating buoyancy and helping you float to the surface, the 150-liter airbag not only decreases your burial depth but also protects your head and neck from trauma in an avalanche.
Our biggest pack in the BCA line, the Float 42 was created to provide ample space not only for your winter backcountry tools, but for a first-aid kit, glacier equipment, and all supplies necessary for extended multi-day trips. Our backpack straps on this pack are hydration compatible and the airbag system is removable, making it the most versatile airbag backpack on the market. BCA's 200 authorized refill locations around the world make it the easiest refillable airbag system on the market. The Float Airbag system does not guarantee survival in an avalanche incident. Educate yourself, make good decisions, and know before you go.
- Pack volume: 2560 cubic inches / 42 liters
- 7.2 pounds / 3,254 grams (entire system including cylinder)
- 5.8 pounds / 2,630 grams (pack, airbag, engine, no cylinder)
- Color: Red
- U.S. patent: #7,878,141
- Panel Access
- Zippered Tool Compartment
- Lined Goggle Pocket
- Hip Belt Pockets
- Stowable Helmet Carry
- Load Lifters
- Diagonal Ski Carry
- Dual Ice Axe Carry
- Compression Straps
- Left or Right Shoulder Strap Trigger Mount
- Height Adjustable Trigger
- Fixed Leg Strap
- Daisy Chain
- Hydration Sleeve
- Compatible with Snowboard Carry Attachment
*Cylinders are sold separately. For quick link to purchase, click here.