The Backcountry Access B-52 EXT is BCA's biggest and baddest digging machine for industrial use--and for making big jumps!
The B-52 EXT is designed to make the tough jobs easier. Whether it is clearing out heli pads, excavating a snowmobile from a tree well, or building a big jump, the B-52 gets the job done fast.
The 6061 aluminum BCA Bomber shovels feature an oval shaft with a more packable, bombproof, "ferrule-less" blade, ergonomic grip, and T6 heat treatment. The BCA Bomber shovels now feature an end cap on the shaft, which prevents snow from building up along inside. The Bomber line boasts an off-the-chart strength-to-weight ratio, while taking up minimal storage space in your pack. Don't skimp on your shovel: the excavation process in an avalanche rescue is where the most time can be lost or gained and lives saved.
- Weight: 2.1 pounds / 33.5 ounces / 963 grams
- Blade Dimensions: 11 x 13.25" / 28 x 33.5 cm
- Compressed Handle & Shaft Length: 21" / 53 cm
- Extended Handle & Shaft Length: 30.5" / 77.5 cm
- Assembled Compressed Length: 30" / 76 cm
- Assembled Extended Length: 40" / 101 cm