Alpinestars Tech-Air® Race Airbag System
- Low stock - 1 item left
- Inventory on the way
Introducing Alpinestars' Tech-Air® Race Airbag System. The result of over a decade of development in MotoGP and following on from Alpinestars’ first-generation racing airbag system and the launch of the ground-breaking Tech-Air® Street, this latest version of Alpinestars Tech-Air® technology brings full upper body protection to serious track day and performance riders. The Tech-Air® Race is completely self-contained, meaning there are no bike-to-rider set-up configurations required, which ensures the ultimate in convenience, freedom, and versatility. When fully inflated, the system’s airbag offers critical protection to the back, kidneys, chest, and shoulders. Plus, with a simple upgrade to the versatile system firmware, the Race system can be configured to run the Tech-Air® Street setting for non-race use in road and off-road situations. The Tech-Air®Race vest must be used in a Tech-Air®Compatible garment.
• System’s firmware is upgradable and can be configured to run the Tech-Air Street airbag settings for non-racing use in road and off-road situations.
• ACU has been homologated to ECE R10 04, which ensures the electromagnetic integrity and stability of the unit.
• System uses an integrated, certified lithium-ion battery, with a battery life of 25 hours and a recharge time of approximately 6 hours. Micro USB charger allows convenient recharging of the system, with one hour of charging time giving four hours of riding coverage.
• System vest incorporates a convenient connection system, allowing the system to be connected to the race suit quickly and easily for peace-of-mind activation of the airbag and LED display.
• Color-coded front YKK zippers allow for the vest to be easily and securely attached to the outer jacket.
• System features Dual Charge capability for M-XL sizes (2XL garments have only single charge capacity).
• Electronic Airbag Control Unit (ACU) incorporated within strong, lightweight, ergonomic polymer back protector, optimized for race and track use.
• Electronic sensors incorporated in the system’s chassis, meaning the vest is completely self-contained and allows it to be worn interchangeably with compatible garments.
• Advanced multi-material main shell incorporates Lycra®, 2D mesh and Cordura.
• Interior comprises perforated Lycra, 3D mesh, and soft-touch edging for high levels of comfort.
• Incorporates removable inner mesh and elastic Velcro® waistband to position the airbag system and ensure a custom fit and improve adjustability.
• Category II CE Certified to the 686/89/EEC European PPE Directive, using a version of EN1621-4:2013, which guarantees impact protection performance between 45 milliseconds to 5 seconds.
• Design and manufacture CE certified to the 2007/23/EC pyrotechnic directive.
• Ergonomically profiled, performance-fit airbag vest gives full upper body protection and is optimized for use with Alpinestars compatible racing/performance leather suits and jackets.
• Specially designed, race-developed back protector, offering comprehensive inflatable full upper body protection for back shoulders, kidney area, chest, and upper abdomen.
• Deployment system utilizes argon inflator cartridges which are CE certified to ISO 14451 standard.
• ACU is seal-protected within the vest to ensure its all-weather performance and the vest and componentry are certified to function in all weather conditions between -10⁰C and +50⁰C.