The Leatt-Brace® is a truly revolutionary safety system, and the result of years of research and development. It all started in 2002, with Dr. Chris Leatt working together with a team of physicians, surgeons and biomedical engineers. In 2006, further collaboration began with BMW, KTM, the ‘Wings for Life’ foundation and Munich University.
Biomechanical tests were conducted by the Leatt® Lab and the BMW Accident Research Center. The results were meticulously combined with fi eld studies by professional motorcyclists, bicycle riders and medical authorities. And, over the years, the Leatt-Brace® has found some world-class fans.
These include Ryan Dungey, AMA Motocross Champion; Mike Day, BMX Olympian; and Dakar winner Cyril Despres. Their experiences have also contributed to making riding safer for anyone who climbs onto a saddle.
The Leatt-Brace® helps protect against:
Alternative Load Path Technology®
Patented Alternative Load Path TechnologyTM helps reduces forces on the spine, and disperses energy away from critical areas, during impact. This principle is pivotal to the Leatt-Brace® design, and a world first.
Why Choose Leatt
Our braces are built around you
- Patented Alternative Load Path TechnologyTM helps reduces forces on the spine, and disperses energy away from critical areas, during impact. This principle is pivotal to the Leatt-Brace® design, and a world first.
- Padding is biomechanically designed to cushion the chin.
- The thoracic member is engineered to keep the brace in position, so it doesn’t tilt forward or backwards during an impact.
- The rear-upper support acts as a ‘crumple-zone’, giving way under a severe load.
- CE certifi ed: Personal Protective Equipment directive 89/686/EEC
- Two red-colored release clips identify emergency openings to paramedics.
- Universal bolt heads require a single adjustment wrench, and are also compatible with multi-tools.
- The Leatt-Brace® is made using only high quality materials like Kevlar®, Carbon, fiberglass reinforced plastic, and shock-absorbing Biofoam. (Biofoam is also fully replaceable and machine-washable.)
- Maximum adjustability is achieved through six independent adjustment points.
- Every product has been chemically tested and certified, so it’s free of lead or other harmful additives.
- Our braces are adaptable for use with body armor and chest protectors.
The Leatt-Brace® includes an engineered fracture point in the Thoracic strut. In an emergency, this replacable part is designed to snap.
***We Do Carry ALL Leatt Spare Parts. If there is a part you are looking for, please contact our office at 1-800-615-5249 or send us an email, and we will make sure that part is in-stock for you and get it shipped out for you.***