pieps dsp sport
The PIEPS DSP Sport Avalanche Beacon is the go-to beacon for the everyday snowmobiling backcountry traveler, offering circular range, a smart transmitter, and three-antenna accuracy in an easy-to-use package. Simplified and streamlined yet outfitted with all the features needed for fast, accurate searches in the event of a slide, the PIEPS DSP Sport Avalanche Beacon is as easy to use as it is powerful. With a 50-meter circular range, three antennas for pinpoint search accuracy, and a smart transmitter to aid in fast recovery, the DSP Sport is the go-to beacon for anyone venturing into the backcountry. The included harness-style carrying pouch provides comfortable, streamlined storage and fast removal for beacon practice and emergency response.
Barryvox Avalanche Beacon
with your eyes closed.
A digital three-antenna device reduced to the essential functions. The Barryvox scores well on simple navigation and clear instructions. With a large receiving bandwidth and an effective search strip width of 70 meters, it offers users a simple interface and intuitive operation. From an easy-to-read display to buttons that can be operated even wearing gloves, shock-proof and break-proof housing and a revolutionary simple visual interface, the Barryvox shows that powerful performance and sophisticated search guidance do not need to be complicated.
- Effective digital search strip width: 70 meters
- Digital receiving range: 70 meters
- Circular receiving field: almost identical receiving range for X and Y antennas
- Display: display with background lighting, very easy to read even when wearing polarized glasses
- Acoustic search guidance: allows the rescuer to visually search the avalanche field
- Reverse direction function to avoid 180-degree search errors
- Group test with clear instructions
- Visual interface: shows distance, direction and number of buried subjects
- Design: ergonomic, impact-proof and break-proof. Can be operated while wearing gloves
- Device tests: automatic self-test and function test
- Multiple buried subjects: digital signal processing in the event of several buried subjects
- Automatic switching from send to search (Auto Revert): if a rescuer does not move for 4 minutes, we assume a secondary avalanche and the device switches to SEND mode (motion-sensor controlled)
- Attachment: includes highly functional Barryvox carrying system
- W-Link: Additional communication channel for improved search performance
- Manage the device fleet via W-Link
- updatable software
- Operating temperature: -25° to +45° Celsius (-13° to +113° Fahrenheit)
Ortovox Avalanche Beacon S1+
- Receive function: digital
- No. of antennas: 3
- Comfortable bag and hand loop
- Up-Box update compatible
- Microprocessor control
- Autom. switchover in case of a secondary avalanche
- Intuitive search acoustics
- Visual support at fine search
- Permanent monitoring of the transmitter
- Flagging function
- Display backlight
- Recco Reflector Inside
- Overview including burial position
- Parallel team search in multi burial
- Partner check
- Deep burial mode
- Pro mode for complex burial (4+)
- Device personalization
- Individual speker configuration / Display contrast setting
- Max. range / search strip width (im m): 55 / <50
- Batteries: 2 AAA Alkaline Micro 1,5 V
- Transmission capacity: 250h
- Dimensions (in mm): 120 x 80 x 30
- Weight (incl. battery and case): 230g
- Warranty: 5 years with registration
- Display of all victims
The S1+ combines the success stories of two unique avalanche transceiver innovations: the display showing the relative position of avalanche victims and the SMART-ANTENNA-TECHNOLOGY! Handling the device is more intuitive than ever. Once switched on, it transmits, but when opened up it switches straight to search mode. The illuminated 360° Real-Time-Display shows the position in the avalanche and gives unmistakable action instructions. As soon as the person searching begins the pinpoint search, the patented circular display and intuitive search acoustics help the location process. Located victims can now be flagged and the search can continue. Follow-up avalanche switchover and SMART-ANTENNA-TECHNOLOGY provide a safety plus for the user, while the economic power management protects the environment and your wallet just two batteries are sufficient for 250 hours in transmission mode. Of course the device can be updated.
BEING FOUND EASIER
Secondary Avalanche Switchover
Recco Reflector Inside
Permanent monitoring of the transmitter
Intuitive clam switching
Overview of the complete burial situation
Intuitive search acoustics
Precise fine search with visual support
Fast and reliable flagging function
BEING FOUND EASIER
More easily found with the S1+! The integrated SMART-ANTENNA-TECHNOLOGY analyzes the position of the antennas in the avalanche and automatically switches to the best transmission antenna. The result: Almost double the range in the worst coupling position, regardless of the beacon used for searching.
SECONDARY AVALANCHE SWITCHOVER
We have added a motion sensor to the S1+ to enable secondary avalanche switchover. If the sensor has not detected any motion for 60 or 100 seconds during the search, it automatically switches back to transmit mode. Thus rescuers can also be found if there has been a secondary avalanche.
RECCO REFLECTOR INSIDE
For maximum protection, we've also equipped the S1+ with a Recco reflector. Recco helps professional rescuers find victims buried in the snow even faster. This offers an additional possibility of being found quickly. The backup technology is used by more than 700 ski areas and rescue teams around the world.
To make the search situation as simple as possible, the S1+ need only be flipped open in order to enter the locating mode. Neither keys nor buttons need to be pressed - simple snap open is enough and the digital device scans the avalanche cone automatically.
VISUAL AND ACOUSTIC SEARCHING
With the S1+, you have the entire avalanche situation in view; the relative positions of all buried victims are shown. The lit display is reassuring and enables several rescuers to work together in a coordinated search action. The patented circle diagram combined with arrows and distance indication helps with the fine search. The intuitive search acoustics provide additional support throughout the entire rescue action.
The number of people buried is shown in a list on the display of the S1+. As soon as you have found the first one, you can quickly and reliably block out the signal with the flagging button. The buried person is shown as being flagged, and you can continue searching for the others.